For this episode of The Pro Adviser Podcast, PA's news editor Hannah Godfrey hopped on the train from London King's Cross to Huntingdon in Cambridgeshire to speak to financial advice business owner Victor Sacks about his journey in setting up his own practice.
Sacks worked as an adviser for around 20 years before deciding to set up his own advice business - "it began as an itch and turned into a scratch," he says - and in this podcast he explains the toughest and easiest parts of going it alone, discussing why he decided to set up his firm VS Associates within the Sense Network, rather than going directly authorised. The IFA also describes how he wanted to build is own service that helps clients cut through all the complications of financial services, saving and investing, all the while expressing his desire to fulfil a purpose with his work....
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.