Communicating sustainable investment principles to job seekers is vital to help wealth managers to attract younger women into the industry, Charlotte Moore writes…
The financial service industry is still struggling to recruit and retain females. According to a 2021 Morningstar report, there are 68 UK funds run by men called ‘David' yet only 45 funds are run by women. This is despite women becoming richer. By 2025, Barclays estimates women will own 60% of Britain's wealth. But this will be unevenly spread with 1.2 million women in their 50s having no pensions savings. And two out three women feel they lack sufficient financial knowledge to be able to invest. According to BNY Mellon, nearly three-quarters (73%) believe the investment industry w...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.