Julia Bahr talks to advisers about the realities of working in an ageing profession...
Setting up academies that make the advice profession more accessible and attractive to the younger generation is among the actions advisers suggested to tackle the issue of its ageing workforce. According to various studies and publications, the average age of an IFA in the UK is 58 and one in five advisers plan to retire from the industry in the next five years. Only 5.7% of advisers in the UK are under 30, according to data published by the Financial Conduct Authority. Chapters Financial founder and Chartered financial planner Keith Churchouse says a recent prospective client not...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.