Julia Bahr talks to advisers about crypto investing and finds out what they say to clients who are keen to get involved...
In light of recent crypto crashes, scepticism of digital currency is on the rise while interest in investment is declining, recent research from intelligence platform Similarweb shows. It finds that terms such as ‘is crypto a scam?' and ‘crypto is a scam' generated 353% more search volume than searches such as ‘how do I invest in crypto?' and ‘cryptocurrency investing'. The data also shows not only were negative searches surrounding crypto far outweighing positive searches, but that positive searches are also in decline. Between April and May, searches for ‘investing in crypto' dropped b...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.