“Right before I walked into the meeting, my client said, 'don’t let them know you’re gay'.”
This was the experience Belton Flourney, director with global consulting firm Protiviti, remembers distinctly, when asked why he is so passionate about diversity and inclusion. Now Flourney, who co-founded Pride in the City, has been named on the 2020 OUTstanding LGBT+ role model list and Google's Top 10 Black Role Models, is optimistic about the steps the financial regulators are undertaking to improve diversity and inclusion in the sector. His recollection comes from when he was working with a global bank and was asked to go into a meeting to discuss a project he and his team had su...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.