In its short existence, interest in the direct lending investment sector has come much more from consumers than advisers. David Beacham tells Cherry Reynard how Goji Investments is trying to change that
The direct lending investment sector has attracted considerable interest in recent years as investors have sought out new growth and income sources as alternatives to, say, low-yielding bond funds. Thus far, however, the take-up has largely come from consumers and it has not been part of financial advisers' product suite. Goji Investments is trying to change that. Innovative Finance ISAs were introduced in April 2016, with the aim of helping to channel ISA capital towards small businesses as banks backed away from the sector. They also fulfilled a rising investor need for growth and espe...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.