May is typically an indecisive time for markets and this year was no exception. Cherry Reynard reports.
Investors continued to direct their cash towards emerging markets in May. These new flows could partly be attributed to the paucity of opportunities available among developed market assets, but also to a diminution in the situation in Ukraine. Flows were seen into emerging market bond and equity funds, with investors even returning tentatively to local currency bond funds. Globally, EPFR data for the end of May showed emerging market bond funds attracting new money for the ninth week in a row. Investors directed $1bn to the asset class in the week to 28 May, split between $722m going int...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.