Adam Wrench discusses how offshore bond sales are coming under further pressure from QROPS and QNUPS.
Traditionally offshore bonds have been the underlying investment of choice when it comes to QROPS. The reasons for this are two-fold. Firstly, and prior to the advent of platforms, offshore bonds provided advisers with a competitive and effective trading vehicle. Secondly, they also offered overseas advisers an opportunity to benefit from an additional commission payment. This was made possible by the fact that traditionally offshore advisers have not been under the same regulatory requirements as their UK counterparts - especially in terms of commission disclosure. However, in mor...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.