Here are five stories clients may have read in the weekend's papers…
Passive funds Most papers, including the Telegraph, carry research from the Cass Business School that an army of ten million monkeys would apparently construct better portfolios than the average index fund. Passive funds were partly responsible for the dotcom bubble, the report said, after being forced into buying tech stocks ahead of proven earners. Monthly investing Regular investing has become more popular with clients, according to the Independent, as investors attempt to mitigate risk from fluctuating markets. Investing the same amount each month means buying assets at different...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.