David Howell highlights the key areas that should be explored with an adviser when moving abroad
Many more people in the UK are choosing to live abroad these days. Studies undertaken by the Institute for Public Policy Research indicate there are 5.5 million British-born people living overseas. With cheaper transport systems and online communication bringing down the barriers, the attraction has been growing. At the same time, opportunities for people to work abroad have been opening up considerably in recent years. As an example, Qatar’s winning bid for the 2022 World Cup will require a massive influx of professional and skilled workers into the country to develop the infrastruc...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.