As advisers get to grips with the principles-led legislation of TCF Kristen Paech takes a look at the challenges they have to face
The financial services market has become ever more complex for retail investors and their advisers. Advisers are now faced with a plethora of options to articulate and fit around the client's evolving needs and as a result, the margin for error is growing. Through its principles-based regulation Treating Customers Fairly (TCF), the Financial Services Authority (FSA) is seeking to reduce the risk of mis-selling and improve the standard of service provided to clients. Firms were set a March deadline for implementing TCF into their business. By this point senior management were expected to...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.