In the latest Big Debate, our panelists from TwentyFour Asset Management and Brown Shipley discuss the new risks and opportunities facing bond investors.
Click here to listen to this debate on demand The restructuring of the Co-op brought a new problem for bond holders – bail-in risk. What does this growing trend mean for investors in bond funds, particularly strategic bond funds? It is not a new risk – it already happened in the Netherlands with Dutch bank SNS, and of course it happened in Cyprus - but how do investors factor this into their decision about which bond funds to hold? Are there certain parts of the fixed income market where bail-in risk is greater? What does the emergence of new forms of capital structure mean? Does t...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.