Paul Ilott, managing director at Scopic Research, takes a closer look at why it is important for advisers to understand the DNA of these products...
If you are an adviser or paraplanner who recommends multi-asset funds as part of your investment company's proposition to clients - whether this is in the form of an outsourced or in-house centralised investment proposition, or whether you simply recommend multi-asset funds generally - then you need to know about embedded biases in multi-asset funds. Why? Firstly, because without exception, all multi-asset funds have them, and secondly, if you understand embedded biases, then it will give you some key advantages… It will give you an edge when it comes to determining client suitabili...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.