Global Emerging Markets is the riskiest IMA sector and the recent global sell-off illustrates why...
Over the past three years, annual volatility has topped 26% on average, according to Financial Express figures. But, in exchange, hardened investors have reaped rewards, until recently at least. The global sell-off hit emerging markets hard, even though many of them were in better economic shape to cope with the crunch. Three-year average returns were 31.88% to the end of last month, says Lipper. The best performers were First State Global Emerging Markets Leaders, up by 59.91% and Aberdeen Emerging Markets, up by 58.46%. However, more funds underperformed the MSCI Emerging Markets...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.