Prudence is key in the wake of the recent poll successes of the Brexit camp in the UK and Donald Trump in the US, says Architas Multi-Manager deputy chief investment officer Sheldon MacDonald.
Speaking in the video (above), which kicks off Professional Adviser's Architas Advent Calendar counting down to Christmas, MacDonald predicts the Brexit negotiations will be surrounded by a likely wave of populism and uncertainty, but also offers the view the UK will eventually land an exit deal somewhere in between 'hard' and 'soft' Brexit. He says: "The European side is definitely taking a hard line versus the UK while the UK politicians think we will be able to have our cake and eat it - that we will be able to secure ourselves completely unlimited access to the free market, we w...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.