There comes a point in all stock market falls, or in this case plummets, when onlookers could sensib...
There comes a point in all stock market falls, or in this case plummets, when onlookers could sensibly wonder if enough is not enough. For my sins, I can remember three previous financial crises, being made redundant as a result of two. Each time, we began to see double digit dividends and companies' capital value set at less than the realisable value of their assets. This might not be widespread yet but the markets are certainly beginning to impact on the day-to-day activities of some perfectly decent companies. The larger insurers are seeing billions wiped of their capital adequacy mand...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.