Rebecca Hodges looks at the impact of Consumer Duty on Business Relief for IHT mitigation
With the implementation date for Consumer Duty fast approaching, we consider below how Business Relief (BR)-qualifying services may be impacted by the new regulatory framework. So, what does the new consumer principle "Must act to deliver good outcomes for retail customers" mean when applied to BR? Traditionally, financial plans are considered through the lens of agreeing an objective at the outset. In the BR world, most customers approach the investment seeking a clear objective: mitigation of the impact of inheritance tax (IHT) on their investment upon death. If a client sets out...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.