Karen Brolly shares her insight on the world of underwriting and protection and explains why delays in the process are worth the wait...
Underwriting is an important part of protection business. It allows insurers to price risk appropriately, reducing cross-subsidies and the likelihood of claims being declined. But it can be a lengthy process with a number of questions required to appropriately identify the risk. We have seen improvements in recent years through the introduction of digitisation in underwriting and, with the necessary changes implemented during the pandemic online underwriting became essential. The slow and painful process of digitalising health records is allowing for speedier medical reporting, ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.