Is now one of the best times in over a generation to hold bonds? Darius McDermott explores the topic...
Having seen a wholesale repricing in fixed income markets in 2022, bonds are finally offering reasonable levels of income. After posting the weakest year on record, bond markets started 2023 with a bang. Buoyed by receding recession probabilities and a decline in headline inflation across the developed world, fixed income markets have had a remarkable start to 2023. High inflation remains a feature of markets. Likewise, interest rates are still expected to increase, but likely at slightly a slower pace. While some market participants are sceptical the fixed income rally can be sust...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.