The cost of a cyber attack to businesses is not just financial, writes Sarah Coles, firms' reputations are also at risk...
In the last month, we've seen Royal Mail, ION Group and Succession Wealth suffering cyber-attacks. It's a growing trend. Cyber risks are now the biggest concern for companies globally. According to a report from leading cybersecurity vendor CheckPoint, businesses suffered about 50% more cyberattacks every week in the first nine months of 2022, compared to the same period in 2021. In 2022, 44% of company respondents to the Allianz Risk Barometer Survey highlighted cyber incidents as their top concern. And these incidents can be costly. IBM's Cost of a Data Breach Report showed that mor...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.