Financial fraud is becoming far too commonplace and the current economic climate is making things worse. Carl Lamb contemplates the dangers
We've all become accustomed to the daily influx of scam or spam messages that fall into our mailboxes, ranging from offers of investments in Nigeria to supposed complaints received by Companies House, with a whole bunch of banking scams in between. Those of us who work in the world of finance probably never click on a link to a get rich quick scheme but, sadly, there are still many thousands who do. With the ever-increasing cost of living and family budgets stretched beyond imaginable limits, stress levels in many income brackets are rising. Previous lifestyles are becoming unafforda...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.