Trademarking is not all that easy to do, but it is worth the time and effort to protect advisory businesses, writes Victoria Pearce
There's a worrying trend emerging at the moment. Following a rise in defined benefit (DB) complaints, claims management companies (CMCs) are using advisory firms' names to attract new business. We are aware of one firm that has been the target of a Google AdWords campaign by a CMC. It resulted in a flurry of further claims being issued and a downward spiral begins. Don't be fooled into thinking this is just a problem for the ‘big boys,' CMCs are indiscriminate. They'll choose to chase firms of any size. So, what's the answer? If you haven't done so already, you should consider tradem...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.