Chris Davies looks at the Consumer Duty cross-cutting rule on foreseeable harm ahead of the next implementation deadline of 30 April...
As market participants across the distribution chain now grapple with the next deadline (30 April 2023) for product manufacturers to have clear communications and information provided to adviser (distributor) firms for them to meet the Consumer Duty obligations, they should look to one of the cross-cutting rules to help them gain context for what the regulator requires when it comes to data and information for compliance. To gain a good understanding for what the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) defines as foreseeable harm, we have to dig a bit deeper to gain text on what causes foresee...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.