Debbie Barton looks at the ever-changing scourge of financial scams and the latest deterrent, the Banking Protocol...
Financial scams and other fraudulent attempts continue to plague our industry, with customers regularly caught out by criminals devising increasingly sophisticated, targeted attacks. Despite the continuous rise in the number and severity of such attacks, this year has seen a limited level of legislative progress with regards to combatting fraud and offering support to those people who fall victim. The Online Safety Bill, for example, has seen significant delays this year after being put on hold during the Conservative leadership race in the summer, followed by the turbulent period tha...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.