Richard Romer-Lee talks to M&G Investments' Fabiana Fedeli about her role as CIO, investors' biggest challenges in the next decade as well as how to get more women into fund management...
How did you get into the industry? Almost by accident. I didn't even know that markets existed! I grew up with a single mum who was a part-time kindergarten teacher. I heard that you could get a job easily if you studied economics at university. So I studied economics and econometrics in Italy and then Canada. I was fortunate to be awarded a scholarship to study at a university in Japan, which would have set me on my way with another master's degree, as well as to learn the language. I wanted to become a professor. But by the time I was due to start my PHD, I wanted to do something more e...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.