Capturing clients' sustainability preferences provides advisers with a foundation in which to have a conversation in order to understand their goals from the outset, writes Louis Williams
Demand for investments that are sustainability-oriented has increased over recent years. One theory for such an increase in interest is due to millennial investors supposedly being more values-driven, and therefore having a greater desire to seek investments that align with their views; younger investors are the ones more motivated to positively impact the environment and society. However, is this really the case? Across all age groups, research shows that 70% to 80% of investors view sustainable investing to be at least somewhat important to them, but there is limited research that prov...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.