Change is afoot in the later life borrowing market. Stephen Lowe explains why health, as well as wealth, is now at the heart of modern financial planning...
Average life expectancy figures can help us understand the health of a population but aren't much use when applied to individuals - the range of possibilities is far too wide. One of a financial adviser's roles is to understand the circumstances and aspirations of each individual client. You need to take steps to ensure you have enough personal and financial information before you can make a personal recommendation. This truth underpins our confidence that advisers active in the later life lending market will quickly become advocates for medically underwriting clients who are consider...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.