What's more important: self-worth or net worth? Chris Budd tackles this important topic in his latest article for Professional Adviser
I am writing this while sat in a deckchair on a beach in Devon. I have been reading a book that has just suddenly given me a moment of clarity on something from many years ago. I also think it has a huge relevance to financial planning, and so would like to share it with you. My father My father was a financial adviser. He came from very working-class beginnings - his father was a road sweeper in Bristol. He worked hard through his life, progressing up the greasy corporate ladder until a redundancy forced him to set up as a financial adviser. For a few years, he did pretty well, and...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.