RLAM head of credit Eric Holt has stressed the need for bond investors to focus on the visibility and deliverability of cashflows during challenging times.
Talking to Professional Adviser and Investment Week editorial director Lawrence Gosling as part of a new series of video interviews with the group's investment team, Holt said: "Reducing the volatility around cashflows is important, as is managing the portfolio according to the client's risk appetite." At a time when prospective returns for fixed income are challenged, RLAM has included global high yield in its approach. Azhar Hussain, head of global high yield at RLAM, said: "Markets and companies will introduce new instruments with lots of shiny new covenants and high coupons, but ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.