Knockabout politics is part of the Westminster circus, and it's fun to watch, but it's doing a disservice to our pension system, writes Laith Khalaf.
Roll up, roll up! Place your pension bets, please! What will your expenditure be in retirement? How long will you live for? Will you need a bigger pension to pay for long-term health care? What investment returns are you going to get? And what income will your final pot generate? These are some of the ordinary uncertainties pension savers and their advisers have to navigate, and which are reflections of the irregularity of markets, and life. But what is hard to swallow is how much more difficult things become as a result of the constant chop and change of pension rules coming from Westmi...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.