Rathbones Group and Investec have entered into an all-share combination of Rathbones and Investec Wealth & Investment to create a £100bn discretionary wealth management business.
The businesses said the combination brings together two of the biggest wealth management businesses in the UK with "closely aligned cultures and operating models and a shared commitment to client-centric values and sustainable growth". Rathbones said the combination represented a significant "value creation opportunity" for both Rathbones and Investec Group shareholders. Rathbones chair Clive Bannister said: "Bringing Rathbones together with Investec W&I UK will create the UK's leading discretionary wealth manager with approximately £100bn of funds under management and administration....
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.