M&G Wealth has added capital gains tax (CGT) software to its platform to assist advisers with complex calculations.
It said the package, called Cobalt, was the first microservice on the M&G Wealth Platform and enabled advisers to test different planning scenarios for their clients. It explained platform users can now "update the acquisition price of assets, assess a range of ‘what if' scenarios to see CGT implications and can take account of all client assets, on or off platform". All types of open-ended and closed-ended funds, exchange-traded funds and listed equities are included, it added. The CGT allowance is due to decrease by half in the next tax year from just over £12,000 to £6,000. M...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.