The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has imposed restrictions on advisory business Independently East for failing to engage with the watchdog in an open and cooperative way.
The FCA issued a supervisory notice against the Surrey-based firm on 13 February 2023 which imposed the restrictions on the firm. The regulator's actions mean the company's bank accounts are frozen; its permission to carry out regulated activities have been cancelled, and it is unable to carry out any regulated activities. Independently East has not provided the FCA with information it requested about its clients, financial position, or a Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) award it was due to pay, the regulator said. As a result, the regulator said it was concerned the organisation can...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.