The UK division of consolidator Kingswood reported an 80% increase in operating profit to £11m last year, according to its latest trading statement.
It said the UK division performed strongly "reflecting rapid growth in the business". Earlier this month it confirmed it was in talks about the potential sale of the UK business. UK revenue stood at about £33.8m, up 54% year on-year. The statement added that 87% of the UK operation's revenue was recurring "providing a strong, annuity-style fee stream". The firm explained that the rise in operating profit was driven by its acquisitions and was underpinned by "careful cost management". It completed ten buyouts in the UK last year, adding £1.7bn in assets under administration, 28 adviser...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.