Mattioli Woods has reported pre-tax profits increased 45.5% in the six months to the end of November, as more new and existing clients sought advice amid volatile financial markets.
Profits before tax at the wealth manager were £4.8m, up from £3.3m in the same period a year earlier. Cheif executive Ian Mattioli said clients' demand for advice and proactive communications by advisers "in such uncertain times" resulted in an increase in advisory time, boosted by the value of new clients on-boarded in the first half of the year increasing more than 10% compared to a year earlier. Revenue at the firm was up 10% to £54.9m from £49.9m, driven by positive performances in Mattioli Woods' pensions advice and administration, employee benefits, property management and priva...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.