Fidelity International has restricted new investments into the Abrdn Private Equity Opportunities investment trust on its Personal Investing and Fidelity Adviser Solutions platforms.
In a notice on its website, the firm said it had made the decision "in the best interests" of its customers. However, it did not disclose the rationale behind the restriction, which was introduced on 16 December. A Fidelity spokesperson said: "As a general rule we do not confirm the specific reasons behind decisions such as these, however these are always made with our customers' best interests in mind." Customers are able to redeem existing holdings in this fund by either selling to cash or switching to other funds, but clients will not be able to buy shares until further notice. ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.