The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has brought charges against Anthony Vernon Parker for running a multi-million pound investment scheme which led to almost £1.1m in unrecoverable losses.
Parker was sentenced to three years and four months imprisonment at Leicester Crown Court today (5 January) after he pleaded guilty to one count of fraud by false representation and one count of participating in a fraudulent business, according to the CPS. The CPS brought the charges against the defendant following an investigation by Leicestershire Police after a total of 42 victims were referred to them by Action Fraud. Between January 2011 and March 2018, Derby-based Parker convinced friends and family members to place money with him for the purposes of a spread betting scheme in w...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.