Charles Dewey looks at the evolution of investment solutions on offer to advisers and the role of DFMs...
The introduction of the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) in 2012 by the Financial Services Authority was a game changer for financial services and impacted financial advisers in a number of ways. It made several significant changes to the way investment products are distributed to retail consumers in the UK, raised the minimum level of qualifications that advisers had to have, changed the way charges and services were disclosed to consumers and banned the use of commission to pay for advice. Fast forward to 2022 and one of the real successes of RDR has been the increase in the invest...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.