Total complaints made to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) reached almost 73,000 in the first half of the year, according to latest figures.
Complaints data for H1 2022 also showed the FOS upheld 37% of complaints in consumers' favour. Banking and credit continued to be the most complained about sector, with a total of 44,200 new complaints received in the first half of 2022. The decumulation, life and pensions sector garnered a total of 4,193 complaints during the period. Insurer Aviva got 296 complaints during the period with Reassure, part of Phoenix Group, on 279. Scottish Widows had 221 and Prudential 180. The investment sector racked up 2,427 complaints in the first half. In total 212 businesses featured in th...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.