The majority of advisers are already talking to clients about sustainability and factoring this into their suitability assessments, according to the latest bi-annual adviser survey from abrdn.
Nearly nine out of 10 advisers (86%) said they had integrated sustainability questions into this process, with 55% having done this for over 12 months. Much of this adoption is either new or ongoing, with 45% of advisers incorporating sustainability questions within the last year and a further 37% planning to do so in the next 12 months. However, uptake from clients has yet to match this. A quarter (24%) of advisers said that none of their clients had asked them to incorporate their sustainability preferences into their investment portfolio in the past year, while two fifths (39%) ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.