St. James’s Place Wealth Management (SJP) has placed its Alternative Assets fund and its Japan fund on its "watchlist", according to its latest value assessment report.
The latest review found that these two products may not be delivering overall value for money, prompting the firm to take action to turn around their performance. The Alternative Assets fund has not achieved its objective of capital growth since the appointment of Wellington in September 2018 and has underperformed its benchmark as a result. The group said it had taken steps to "re-focus the investment strategies used by the manager, towards ones offering more consistent returns". "We continue to closely monitor the fund, looking at ways to enhance its performance, and plan to make...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.