Green bonds, crackdown on crypto and Vanguard LifeStrategy - here's our weekly heads-up of articles in the weekend newspapers that may have caught your clients' attention...
NS&I green savings bonds ‘doomed to fail' The National Savings and Investments' (NS&I) green bonds will not offer return-seeking savers a lifeline, The Telegraph warns investors in this article. The company hopes to launch a three-year fixed rate bond after the Treasury set out aims to raise money for sustainable investments. Experts believe it will not be able to beat current markets. Quilter Cheviot investment manager Gemma Woodward argues that, if the rate is too low, demand will be limited. However, she adds: "Set the rate too high and it will be poor value for money and taxpay...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.