M&G will give shareholders a say on its climate plans at its 2022 annual general meeting, the asset manager has revealed.
Shareholders will be asked to approve M&G's climate transition report through a ‘Say on Climate' resolution. Ahead of the 2022 AGM, the asset manager will provide investors with detail on its roadmap to achieving these ‘net zero' targets, and its commitment to high standards of disclosure and measurement, consistent with the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), to provide shareholders with decision-useful data on its climate exposure. Fiona Clutterbuck, interim chair of M&G, said: "We believe that sustainably run businesses deliver stronger and more resilient lo...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.