Royal London is pursuing a takeover of LV= in a deal that would create a "mutual champion" with nearly 10 million customers across the UK, according to Sky News - a report LV= addressed on Monday morning.
Sky News city editor Mark Kleinman said he understands LV='s board met last week to discuss the progress of a strategic review that began in June. The news outlet reported a decision about a deal with Royal London could potentially be reached within days. The broadcaster suggested the two parties are not in exclusive discussions, and Bain Capital, the private equity backer of motor insurer esure, is also said to be keen on acquiring LV=. LV= in a statement on Monday morning said: "The Board of Liverpool Victoria Financial Services Limited ("LV=") notes the recent press speculation and...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.