As the UK’s new normal materialises and advisers start to have face-to-face meetings once again, the widespread uncertainty is emphasising the importance of good news stories. Here, PA sums up some of the best good news stories of the week.
Square Mile director in chairty swim Square Mile business development director Jamie Farquhar braved the waters of Lake Windermere in a bid to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH). Farquhar swam the length of the lake and back last August, totalling 21 miles, and raised more than £10,000 for the hospital, as part of CASCAID's 2018/2019 appeal. This August, he plans to swim the English channel to raise more funds for GOSH. CASCAID is an industry-wide charitable initiative, combining fundraising events on an individual, team and company level. Farquar's swim t...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.