The board of Aviva has announced group CEO Maurice Tulloch is set to carry out a review of the insurance giant's UK business and introduce an "appropriate management structure", as Andy Briggs, CEO of UK insurance, steps down from his role.
Tulloch, who recently became group CEO in March 2019 to replace Mark Wilson but has worked at Aviva in its insurance business since 1992, will "lead a review of the UK businesses to ensure the appropriate management structure to build on the success for the future". This will involve bringing more business unit leaders to the group's senior leadership team including Colm Holmes, CEO of Aviva Canada and global corporate & speciality, and Patrick Dixneuf, CEO of Aviva's European businesses and Aviva France. Additionally, the group will no longer be seeking an international CEO, the role...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.