Hidden fund fees; misleading funeral cover claims; and the £202m lost to pension fraudsters - here's our weekly heads-up on the financial stories that may have caught your clients' attention over the weekend …
Revealed: fund shops that hide away their fees The requirement for fund groups to set out the cost of investing as a single percentage figure, as well as in pounds and pence, may have kicked in a year ago, courtesy of the second iteration of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive, yet according to this Sunday Times piece some firms are refusing to disclose their full charges until after customers have signed up. Additionally, it claims, firms have interpreted the rules differently, making it still more difficult for customers to understand the charges. While the article highlig...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.