The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) wants to hear from the industry on how to "radically improve access to financial advice". Here are the ten ways it is framing that debate...
As the FCA moves into the the next phase of the Financial Advice Market Review (FAMR), Professional Adviser takes a look at how it's going to approach the key issues. 1 The end goal When consumers take advice it is a step towards addressing a financial need. Therefore consumers are more likely to focus on the end goal of a good financial outcome rather than the intermediate service of advice itself. 2 Value Advice is something that by its nature is often difficult for consumers to assess in terms of quality and value, both before and after purchase. The value of financial advice m...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.