The Prime Minister is set to launch a consultation into a scheme targeting those under 40 who have never owned their own homes.
The previously announced scheme, set to launch at the start of 2015 after being brought forward by six months, will offer a discount of 20% on homes built on ‘used or unviable' brownfield sites. Those interested may register for the Starter Home Initiative from 2015. Changes to the planning system allow certain brownfield sites to be redeveloped less expensively to allow the properties to be marketed for below value sales prices. In a speech, pre-released to news agencies, Cameron will say: "Hard-working young people want to plan for the future and enjoy the security of being able ...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.