Association of British Insurers (ABI) director general Otto Thoresen is to step down in 2015 to chair the National Employment Savings Trust (NEST).
Huw Evans, the current deputy director general of the ABI, will succeed Thoreson as director general in February 2015. Thoresen said: "It has been a privilege to lead the ABI during a critical point in its evolution. "While it will be a personal wrench to leave the organization, the opportunity to chair the trustee board of NEST at a key stage in the delivery of pension reform was an opportunity I couldn't pass by. "The role also gives me the scope to develop some of my other interests, in the third sector and elsewhere." Thoresen's past achievements include the Thoresen Revie...
To continue reading this article...
Join Professional Adviser
- Unlimited access to real-time news, industry insights and market intelligence.
- Stay ahead of the curve with spotlights on emerging trends and technologies
- Receive breaking news stories straight to your inbox in the daily newsletters.
- Make smart business decisions with the latest developments in regulation, investing retirement and protection.
- Members-only access to the editor’s weekly Friday commentary
- Be the first to hear about our events and awards programmes.